I offer one to one tuition that will help you improve your photography skills. Sessions are tailored to your current skill level and personal goals, so you can learn the fundamentals, discover what your camera can do for you, and move your photography to the next level.
Businesses can also benefit from photographic tutorials, especially if they frequently update websites, blogs or Social Media business pages. Our sessions will be tailored to the specific needs of your business and the equipment you have available - or can budget for.
Tutorial sessions generally mix theory with practice, helping you understand what does and does not work - and why that is the case. We can go out on location if it is helpful to do so, or create indoor set-ups to demonstrate and practice concepts.
I also offer critiques of your existing images, which many clients find particularly useful. The critique is constructive, and by looking at images that did not come out as intended, you will learn what caused the camera to produce that result - and what you can do to fix it next time.
To date I have helped enthusiasts of all ages, small businesses and e-traders, school art and media departments, artists, estate agents and even surveyors.
Some of the most frequent requests I receive include:
- What can my camera can do? The manual is no help at all!
- I currently use my camera in 'auto' mode but want to get more creative.
- I'm going on holiday and have bought a new camera - help!
- I'd like to step up from my compact camera to a dSLR.
- I sometimes take a nice photo but would like to understand photographic exposure so I can achieve consistently good results.
- Teach me how to use studio flash lighting.
- I need to photograph some products for my e-commerce site and need help lighting them.
- I would like to learn more about a specific genre of photography (landscape, portraiture, still life, low light, action etc).
- My child has a photographic project to complete for school and would like some guidance.
When it comes to learning something new, my motto is "there is no such thing as a stupid question".
For budding image editors and retouchers I offer group and one to one tutorial sessions that will improve your image editing and Photoshop skills.
Many people struggle with image editing to begin with. Adobe Photoshop is a big beast with a bewildering array of functions. I will help you get to grips with a basic Photoshop workflow that will improve any image, and guide you through more complex concepts such as layers and layer masking. We can explore how fundamental darkroom techniques such as dodging and burning are replicated digitally, and check that your camera settings match your Photoshop settings - fundamental things that can dramatically impact image quality.
All tuition proceeds at a pace that suits you, with a balance of practice and theory that meets your learning style.
You can dip your toe in the water with an hour's tailored tuition for just £45 - and there are discounts available for longer bookings.
Your tuition can take place daytime or evening seven days a week - whatever fits in with your schedule!
For Photography Skills and Photoshop Skills in Essex give me a call so we can discuss your goals.